Claydon Estate Branding and Website
The Verney family has lived at Claydon since 1620. The present house was built in the 1770s. Claydon House was given to the National Trust in 1956 and they continue to run the house to this day.
The Verney family retains ownership of the rest of the estate and is looking to develop new opportunities for additional income streams. Triad has been appointed to develop a new brand identity and website as well as ideas for ongoing promotion.
A key requirement was to work carefully and sensitively so that our creative approach treated this project as an ‘organic regeneration’ of the estate as opposed to a stark ‘rebranding.’ To achieve this we wanted to incorporate existing motifs, such as phoenix images from the Verney Family Crest, and the traditional ‘Claydon Blue’. We had to fuse as much of the estate’s history into the redevelopment plans so that the Old continues to grow into the New.
We created a new, contemporary version of the Phoenix emblem to depict the‘re-birth’ of the Estate – confident and strong but still connected to the traditions of the past. The new emblem is the cornerstone of the new corporate identity for Claydon which is progressively being applied across all areas of the Estate – directional signage, marketing literature, event promotions and a new Claydon Estate website.